Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Good Morning Green Juice

It's a fact: I LOVE me some fresh green juice.  However, I have been neglecting my juicer the past few months and instead have been frequenting Organic Avenue and Juice Press for a daily hit of fresh pressed fruits and veggies. While this allows me to experiment with flavors and ingredients I don't normally have at home, buying at $10+ juice every day is just not in my budget.  Now that I am back in NYC with no big trips, I am making a conscious effort to juice at home more.  This is my go-to green juice combination - slightly sweet, slightly tart, and easy on the digestive system, this juice gives me a nice kick of energy first thing in the morning, without the headache or stomachache that comes with coffee and sugar-filled breakfasts.

This recipe make one extra large or two regular servings.  It is best enjoyed immediately, but will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.

Good Morning Green Juice
2 Granny Smith Apples
2 medium cucumbers
10-12 kale leaves
1/2 inch knob of ginger
Optional: small knob of turmeric, handful of herbs (mint and cilantro are my favorites), squeeze of lemon

Juice and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment